05 June 2011

Don't You Dare Compare!

            If you find yourself comparing yourself to others and NOT measuring up, I have a simple solution - STOP!
  
            I think comparing yourself to others is one of the quickest ways to either depression or conceit.  I've been taught that whenever you don't think you're good enough, just focus on being a better YOU.  In other words, try to outperform yourself - compete against yourself.  Measure your success today based on who you were yesterday, last month, last year, last decade.  If you're not better than your former self, that just means you have work to do.

            I was also taught, when you start feeling you're "better" than everyone else, then compare yourself to Christ.  Because you'll quickly see how far you still have to go to be what he was, "perfect in character."  I think you get my point.

            Instead of worrying about who you're not and why you're not, focus on who and what you want to become, and start taking the necessary steps to get there.  I grew up in the hood, and I didn't always (and still don't) speak and write grammatically correct.  But I thank God I didn't sit there satisfied with where and who I was.
  
            I simply made a list of what I wanted to become and WHY - and then I created a checklist of things I wanted to improve in (i.e., speech, diction, writing, vocabulary).  Then I started making the necessary sacrifices and taking the necessary steps.  I bought vocabulary books to help me boost my knowledge of words.  I read and used grammar books (outside of school) to help me write better.  I bought speech tapes to help me improve my diction and pronunciation of words.  I think you get the point.  If you can't see yourself as you COULD be (i.e., successful and significant), then you'll never become what you SHOULD be (i.e. successful and significant).

            Well, I have to run, I'm getting ready to go a long road trip (speaking), and I have to get packing.  You're going to be fine.  Just stop focusing on what you're not, and thank God for what you are (alive, loved, in college, and still in the game) and where he's taking you (to achieve the desires of your heart).  Just make sure you do things for the right REASONS with a pure heart.  And whatever you lack, just ask God to supply.  That's what He's there for (to be relationship with you as He supplies ALL your needs according to His riches and glory).  Be blessed and stay in His grip!

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free uk, nike roshe, true religion jeans, burberry pas cher, true religion outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike air max uk, kate spade, coach outlet store online, hollister uk, michael kors, ray ban uk, ray ban pas cher, north face uk, converse pas cher, air max, vans pas cher, replica handbags, jordan pas cher, michael kors pas cher, lululemon canada, true religion outlet, longchamp pas cher, guess pas cher, new balance, polo lacoste, timberland pas cher, ralph lauren uk, north face, coach purses, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk, nike air max uk, nike air max, nike roshe run uk, true religion outlet, michael kors, sac vanessa bruno, nike air force, sac hermes, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, coach outlet, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, nike tn

10:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, doke gabbana, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, vans, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, canada goose, canada goose jackets, montre pas cher, barbour, thomas sabo, converse outlet, pandora uk, nike air max, louis vuitton, moncler, supra shoes, ugg, marc jacobs, canada goose, toms shoes, lancel, louis vuitton, pandora charms, hollister, swarovski, canada goose uk, links of london, doudoune moncler, wedding dresses, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, moncler uk, coach outlet, gucci, converse, hollister, replica watches, ugg uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home